Friday, April 15, 2011

innocence.

A part of me will always want to cling to my youth. Pieces of the 10 year old girl I once was, will always remain the same. I never want to lose my enthusiasm for life. I hope when I'm 90 years old, that roses will still be as beautiful as they were when I was 8. I never want to care any less about things. I can't believe in 6 months or so, i'l be 17. I still remember so vividly my 10th birthday party. I remember the decorations that hung, and the games we played. I don't want to forget the way I use to play "make-believe."
When I was 12, I remember staying up late with my girl friends dreaming and planning our lives as adults. It felt as if I couldn't get old fast enough.
Now, here I am. Applying for my first job. Raising my first child. Saving up every penny I get, and studying for college. As I cross over to adult-hood I can't help but to feel scared, yet terribly excited.
I will always cherish and sometimes wish I could go back to the time when I sat warm and snuggled in my Grandpas lap. I am so scared I'll forget the way it felt to be cradled.. But, I look forward to building a home and memories for my little guy. It's quite mind boggling to think that this is my life, and I can make it however I please.
I'm growing up.. and it's bitter sweet.



2 comments:

  1. so true. you are realizing things that many don't until time has escaped them and it's too late. live in the moment and look forward to the future, you have so much good and fun in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful post, I miss playing and that carefree way life was.

    ReplyDelete