Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Influence

I'm not sure if I'm making being a teen mom look fun and glamorous, but ever since I've had baby Eli a lot of young girls messaged me on Facebook with curiosity about being pregnant, questions about raising a baby, and a few pregnant girls who are excited. I try to explain to them that it's hard, and I just got lucky with having such a supportive family. I tell them they should wait  and that they have all the time in the world to make babies but first they need to establish themselves and go to college. As much as I preach to these girls, they still want to rush into things. No innocent baby deserves a naive teenager who just wants a baby because "they're so cute!" I know damn well that there aren't many young mothers who grow up as much as I did. Do these young moms even think about what values they want to teach their children? Or how they want to raise them? I doubt hardly any of them do.


With this being said... I pray for all those babies out there who aren't receiving the necessary tools in life to exceed to their full potential. That doesn't just include teenage moms, it also includes careless adult parents. Some people just shouldn't be parents. Bringing another life into this world is big responsibility and most just don't take it very seriously. No wonder this world is filled with bad people.

No comments:

Post a Comment